Sunday, January 24, 2016

11/9/2015: Small Victories!

P-DAAAAAY!! Well it is finally pday, and what a blessing that is. :) 

Lunes we had a festive Halloween party and we carved pumpkins! We went with some of the members and we made pancakes for lunch (That isnt a thing here haha) They told us "there are two sins here in el Salvador...1. eating pupusas & 2. eating pancakes for lunch". But we made them and they tasted great. We had a babysfirstpumpkin moment and taught the members how to carve pumpkins. Happy Halloween!!

Martes we had a district meeting and talked about decision making. My DL, Elder Vasquez, explained how all of us are able to have success in our missions and in our lives, it just depends on our personal decisions. Each of us make small decisions that lead to big results. Something else that I really liked was that all of us want and seek success. To achieve it, we have to start from the bottom with little successes osea small victories. "If we want to recieve it all, we must give it all". 

Miercoles we had a long morning doing weekly planning. Then had an adventure! Cada dia is an adventure. My old companion Hna Mac got bit by a cat so we had a good laugh about that. She has to get rabies shots haha. My companion told a youth to pick up the trash he threw on church ground. She totally worked it and helped put him in his place! As we got to the house at the end of the day, Hermana Stokes turns to me and asks "so how was your day??" It was so funny.

Jueves was a day with lots of service! We washed a lot of dishes and even got to help a family move. It is always nice to change things up with a little bit of service. I learned a lesson that really helped put some things in perspective. We had an appointment with an investigator, Samuel. A different family then invited us to eat. We almost went with the family then they called last minute to cancel. So as they cancelled, we decided to still go with Samuel. I have had many moments where the people arent home or really arent waiting for us when we make appointments. However, as we showed up, he was waiting. We had a great lesson and Samuel is totally prepared. As we left, the member who we were with, (knowing that we almost didnt go) he put us in our place and let us know that that wasnt cool. These people deserve the very best and I always need to stay true to my word even if the people dont. It was an experience that made me think and I for one am very grateful for that lesson. I am learning each day and trying to be a little bit better. 

Viernes we worked with one of the members, Roberto Antonio. The lessons went well. We foumd a young girl who is totally prepared. She is one of our converts nieces and she is completely interested! In the afternoon we saw a different member, Lucy, in the street. We began whistling and shoutinf out to her. Well she didnt hear us but all of a sudden 3 big dogs come around the corner running and barking at us. I seriously froze with fear. Luckily the owner came chasing after them and nothing bad went down. I got to make some tortillas con Mama Carcamo (I am almost Salvadoreña) 

Sabado we had the longest lesson of my entire life. It included laughing, crying, and the great great gospel. The girl completely trusted us and told us her whole life story (she's only 18) She talked and talked and then talked some more. We went to a members home and talked about some deep doctrine. This gospel is so simple and yet so complex. I have so much to learn!! 

Domingo we had a happy sabbath day. We talked about being self sufficient and about temple work. We went to visit new coverts in the afternoon, to spread a little sunshine! I sure do love these people. We helped an hermana wash clothes and as we walked to her house, a crazy guy followed us. He didnt get near us but we saw him following us and could hear him laughing. The guy was literally crazy and it was just like something from the movies. A little old lady, Mercedes, (in the pic) said to us as we saw her in the street, "adios my virgens" hahaha who says that?? One of the members told some of his mission stories. He shared about 5 times where he called his mission president. He was in danger and would immediately call his mission president. We were dying laughing and as each story went on we knew what would happen next... "presidente" haha :) 

So this week I was studying a great talk and there was one part that I loved so I thought I'd share. It is a good reminder for all of us. 
"Satan's increasing influence in the world is allowed to provide an atmosphere in which to prove ourselves. While he causes havoc today, Satan's final destiny was fixed by Jesus Christ through His Atonement and Resurrection. The devil will not triumph. Even now he must operate within the bounds set by the Lord. He cannot take away any blessing that has veen earned. He cannot alter character that has been woven from righteous decisions. He has no power to destroy the eternal bonds forged in a holy temple between a husband, wife, and children. He cannot quench true faith. He cannot take away your testimony. Yes, these things can be lost by succumbing to his temptations. But he has no power in and of himself to destroy them". 

All is well. I know without a doubt that the church is true and that I am where I need to be. I am blessed to a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ and I am happier than I have ever been before. The mish rocks my socks. :) I love you all. 

Con mucho amor, 
La Hermanita Ferre 





No comments:

Post a Comment