Sunday, January 24, 2016

12/14/15: 14 months...WHAT?!

Hello to all! 

It has been such a rollercoaster of a week. Sunday night Hermana Stokes and I were told that we would not have changes and then all of a sudden we were told that we both had changes. Her and I were both so sad. Many people say that they find some of their best friends on their missions. Well that girl is seriously mine. She is the one! We just had to come to El Salvador to find each other. We spent the quickest 6 weeks together as companions. 6 weeks of adventures,laughing,and memories. It was an unforgettable change. 

So the new missionaries showed up a day late which happened to be during the changes meeting. It made everything so crazy. All of us in the office were running around like crazy trying to make things run smoothly while Presidente and Hermana Spjut were in the meeting. Well as I was helping some new missionaries with their health sheets, an elder comes in and says to me, [Sister Ferre, Paraiso with Hermana Vincent[. I could not believe it! I was assigned to the same area where I was 6 months ago. It is so rare for missionaries to return to their old areas but I did.

So I was assigned back to Paraiso. It has been the biggest blessing. We are opening area but I know the area and the members from the 6 weeks that I had previously been here so we are here working hard.

My companion is Sister Vincent. She is from West Jordan and she has 4 months in the mission. Her and I have gotten along well. We are trying to adjust to each other. I think we are going to have a good change together. She is pretty quiet so I have had to be more of the talker, which has been good for me. We have had many adventures so far. The first day we got to the area, our house was TRASHED. The other two sisters destroyed the place. There was a mattress on the floor, boxes (yes multiple) of pizza and garbage, and dirty dishes everywhere. We didnt have anything to clean with so some members went to the store for us then we came home and we had a cleaning party. Bethssy, Liz, and Sandra came over to help clean the house. It took us two nights to accomplish it. I kid you not, it was horrible. But now we have got the thing back in shape. 

The members here are wonderful. They take great care of us, they love us. I am blessed and so so grateful to be in such great hands.This area really does feel like paradise.I was in this area from May to June. I told the people here that I would come back. I always felt like I would. My hope and my prayers were answered. I am back in this wonderful area and now I am working hard to find the reason why.

The church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Missionary work is something that ALL of us need to be involved in. Repentance is real. Families can be together forever. And the Savior makes it all possible.

Sorry for the short letter home. The time just got away from me. I miss you all and I hope that everything is fine and dandy. Happy Holidays! Lots of love. Have a great week everyone! 

Hermana Ferre 

No comments:

Post a Comment