Saturday, August 22, 2015


Hello to all! 

Well pday was another relax day! We ate ice cream and we went on a quick Santa Ana tour. I was in a trio because one sister was sick. Well she has to go home for  her health and then my companion was going home because she finished her mission. So we went with Oswaldo to take pictures with some of the main tourist sites. It was a lot of fun to be a tourist for a second. My two companions then packed and got themselves ready to head back to their countries. We had a lesson with Jorge. He told us that he believes in recarnation and he believes that God is everything (wind, plants, etc.) and not a being. It made me feel so blessed for my knowledge of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost, and the restored gospel. Jorge needs to know that God does exsist, that he (Jorge) is a son of God, and that God has a plan for him. We had a quick FHE with the Bishop and his family and then headed for the house. A new sister missionary came to the house around 1030pm from the MTC. We got to welcome her and then it was time to sleep :) 

Tuesday was an office day. We were there all day with the new missionaries. We welcomed them into the mission! Happily greeted them and then helped them fill out paperwork and do a few health related things.  It made me remember my first day in the mission, good times. We went to the mutual that night. It was SO much fun. I know I am a missionary and I am not here to have "fun" but it was such a good time. It was like an outdoor party. They had tables set up, music playing, and they were making pupusas. It was the last day in the mission field for Hermana Gonzalez so we got to spend a little extra time with the members. We ate pupusas with the elders and seriously enjoyed ourselves. We rushed home to welcome the new sister missionaries into our home (all of the sisters coming and going sleep in our house for a night or two).  

Wednesday was our day full of changes. In our changes meeting, there was such a special spirit in the room. President Spjut got up and in his talk he got emotional, expressing how grateful he was to be here serving with us. THEN my sweet companion had to go in front of all of us with the other returning missionaries and we all sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again. It was the saddest thing of my life. She was my first companion who went home and I felt like she was abandoning me. What I learned though is that it is sad to go home so I am not really looking forward to it.I got my new companion. Hermana MacDonald from Arizona. She has 13 months in the mission. We both got called up in front of the missionaries to have it announced that we were taking over. No pressure! My new companion and I worked and then we had all of the leaving missionaries in our house to sleep. 10 sisters in oone house. Just imagine how many suitcases we had! All of the sisters left at different hours. Hermanaa Gonzalez left at 3am and she came in our room, turned on the light, and began to iron her clothes. It was a crazy night! 

Thursday we had our zone meeting. They taught us that we need 3 things in this new change to have success. 1. Obedience 2. Visit / keep active the converts 3. faith. With those 3 things, the Lord will bless us with the success. We had an office meeting to plan the temple trip and then we all ate lunch together. My companion and I had a good day. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. 

Friday was the absolute BEST day. It was our temple trip. All of us in the office had to be on the road at 5am. President picked us a little bit before 5 and then we all met at a gas station to head to San Salvador following one another. We got to the temple and began to set up the church. This temple trip is to teach our investigators about the gospel and let them experience the Spirit that is in the temple grounds. We had different rotations (mini classes) on plan of Salvation, Baptism, Priesthood, Angel Moroni, and the Book of Mormon. My companion and I helped Sister Spjut with a lot of the back stage work. We were in charge of the refreshments. We had a head count of each bus and that had to have enough snacks and DVDs divided out for each group. Once all of the people had left, we cleaned the church and then went out to eat all together as the office team. We went to... CHILIS. It was so much fun to be with President and Sister Spjut and the
elders. We seriously have so much fun together. The best part of my day was when I got to see KEZLYN. We are in El Salvador and serving as missionaries and we got to run into each other. The temple is in her mission so we pulled a few strings and she got to come and visit me. It was so good to see her and chat for a bit. It was a rare opportunity but miracles do happen. :) As my companion and I got home, two funny things happened. 1. she fell going up the stairs. 2. We had left the window open and sometime throughout the day, a bird flew in and pooped on her bed. hahaha 

Saturday we witnessed a miracle. Friday night, one of the other missionaries called us to give a reference of someone we could visit. She told us "he wants to be baptized and he will be waiting for you tomorrow". So we called him and made an appointment. We found his house and sure enough he was waiting. He explained to us that he hasnt been attending a church and that he has always wanted to enter into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We then asked him well why this church of all the churches? He said for two reasons. 1. Because it is the church of JESUS CHRIST. 2. Because there are missionaries in every part, serving and showing their love for the people around them and searching for souls to save. And that regardless of the part they are serving in, they are always protected. Those were his two reasons for wanting to attend church.  I seriously got teary eyed as he was talking and the Spirit was there testifying of everything he was saying. We then invited him to pray so that he could recieve his answer. He stopped us in the middle of the sentence and said, "I know that these things are true, I know this is the truth". 

Sunday was a good day. We worked hard and I got to see a lot of members from my other wards. The hermano Jorge showed up to church today on his own and he loved every minute of it. 

It was a really good week. Heres to a new one :) I love you all. 
Hermana Ferre 





No comments:

Post a Comment