Saturday, June 13, 2015

6/8/15

Hello everyone!! This week was normal, nothing major happened. 

Monday we made pizza with the elders and a few members. It was about 3 hours of baking pizza. My job was the veggie slicer! Also Betsy taught me how to make the garlic sauce for garlic bread. And yikes, you dont want to know what is in it!! But it tastes good. 

Tuesday we had our district meeting. We talked about Christlike attributes. I learned that patience includes faith and hope and then endurance. I also learned that we need to humble ourselves and rely on Gods will. Everything in missionary work is thanks to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Everything that happens is according to the Lords will and the Lords time.

On Wednesday we found a girl. We got talking with her and began to teach that God exists. Imagine a life without knowing that God exsists. We explained it simply so that she could learn through the Spirit that God is our Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is our older brother and our Savior. 

Funny story, Savior in Spanish is Salvador. So my companion and I were teaching an investigator that there are 3 reasons for why we are baptized. 1: to recieve a remission of our sins. 2: to keep the commandments. And 3: for our love for the Savior. Well in Spanish number three is por amor por el Salvador. We then asked for which of those 3 reasons she would choose to be baptized. She got confused because she thought we were talking about the country. haha for the love of El Salvador. 

On Thursday we were greeted by Jefferson running towards us and gave us a great big hug from Jefferson. We had a funny lesson with him. We reviewed the commandments. We taught the Law of Chasity and then asked what is what we shouldnt or cant do before marriage. He responds "drink coffee" haha I dont know how much about chasity stuck with his 8 year old mind but at least he knows we shouldnt drink coffee. 

Well Friday was completely overcast and I loved it. It was such a nice break from the sun. We taught English classes. I laughed the whole time! I had a weird experience though. For cars to enter the church, we have to open a gate. Well someone rang the doorbell but we didnt have a way of opening the gate. We got talking to the people and the little lady is american and visiting from Utah. She was asking what time church was on Sunday so she could be there. It was fun to chat in English for a bit.  

So a few fun facts. 
1. Regular gas here is more expensive than diesel. Diesel is like 2.84 and regular is 3.20 or something like that. I just take the bus so I dont really know 

2. I was talking to an investigator. I learned that to study at the university here it is about $60 dollars a month to study in a private school. The public school is $4.50 each month. How crazy and how awesome is that??

Saturday was a long day. It was rainy and dreary and all of our appointments and plans fell through. The good news was that we began our fast with President and Hna Spjut. 

Well yesterday little Jeffer was baptized. The poor thing had to be baptized three times because his foot kept popping out of the water. In the end, it was a success. And dont let the pictures fool you, he really was happy.

Well last night I was feeling a little bit afraid so I said a pray for extra comfort and protection. We made it back to the house fine and dandy and then I began to search for a scripture to send home in this email. I was looking in the Book of Mormon when a thought came to my mind to look in D&C. Well I was flipping through random pages and I stopped on this verse: "And we ask thee, Holy  Father, that thy servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power, and that thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and thine angels have charge over them." D&C 109:22 I felt so comforted and at peace. I am being watched over and protected by angels. Heavely Father hears and answers our prayers.

I feel so grateful and so blessed to be here as a missionary. The good and the bad, the mission is the best. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!
Hermana Ferre 



No comments:

Post a Comment