Monday, December 8, 2014

La Familia y Los Amigos

Hello! What a week!! This week went by a lot quicker than the first week. 

We are having a lot of success with our investagadores. One lady is Hermana Tania. She told us that she didn´t have any doubts about our message and that she knew it was true. The Lord has prepared her. It was such a special experience with her. We have a baptism date planned for the 28th but it won't be a set date until she attends church this next Sunday. So please pray for her and her sister!! I will keep you updated on their progression. 

There is a family that I absolutely love. The Aguilar Family. They aren´t members but they want to be baptized but because of name changes they can´t get married yet so they can´t be baptized. Hermana Ana, Hermano Erasmo, and their daughter Daniella. We teach them a lot and I really love them!

During a lesson on Friday, a lady straight up started breast feeding infront of us while we were teaching. No blanket, no modesty about it. It was so funny to me. 

People are really down to earth here. People show up to church in jeans and a t-shirt because it is all that they have. People give the best that they have to us as missionaries. I really do love the people! 

I contacted a lady. I introduced myself as a missionary, my purpose, my message. She then says ¨I am a Jehovah Witness and she pulls out her book and starts preaching to me. It was so funny. First time for that one!

I have had a few experiences running for my life from dogs. There are so many stray and annoying dogs. We just run and laugh!

 We have a grocery store.I bought Ramen but havent ate it. I bought apples (crazy right) I actuallly haven't ate them yet either haha. The store is pretty much the same but just smaller. Fruits, veggies, meats, ice cream, body wash and random things like tupperware. No mac n cheese though!  I have been eating a lot of cereal and milk because I am craving milk haha and it is cheap. We had Spaghetti yesterday for lunch and I have yogurt and pb&j so I am surviving. We have a stovetop but no oven. We literally have a little shelf thing with pots, pans, bowls and food. We also have a fridge. Our kitchen table is a table like we have camping. And we have plastic lawn chairs.

Lots of good things happened this week and I know there is many to come. Thank you for all of your love and prayers. Enjoy your week!! 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Ferre 

No comments:

Post a Comment