Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hello Friends & Family!

We received another early email from Hermana Ferre and it definitely made our day! I am posting her letter to everyone and also some little bits and pieces from our personal emails! Enjoy! 


Hello friends and family! Happy Tuesday!
 
This week has been wonderful. First off, I only have two more weeks in the CCM! I am getting so excited to get out in the mission field.
 
This week was a lot of studying and teaching as usual. One day I taught 7 lessons, crazy! I definitely like teaching better than studying all day.
 
On Friday I was able to have my first baptism!! My Investigador, Daniel Sanchez. We seriously put on a Baptism service. My companion and I welcomed everyone. Hermana Nelson prepared a talk on the Holy Ghost. Hermana Reed played paino. Elder Astel prepared a talk on Baptism. Elder Morgan was the baptizer. Elder Dunn was Bishop and Elder Farnsworth was the Stake President. We set up chairs like a font and had everyone gather for his baptism. It was about 3 minutes long and it was hilarious. We even took an air picture of Daniel with Elder Morgan doing thumbs up after he was "baptized". It was definitely the highlight of my week!
 
Sunday was really spiritual. My companion and I taught in District Class about how the gospel blesses families. Sacrament Meeting is the most quiet and spiritual part of the day. I absolutely love Sundays and the strong Spirit that is always there.
 
I have learned how to greet people properly here in Guatemala. We kiss each other. We actually just touch cheecks and make a kissy sound. A Guatemalan lady came up to me today in the temple and I knew exactly what to do. Everyone is so friendly and loving here. And they show their love! It's fun.
 
Nothing too crazy happened this week so I think just share some thoughts and feelings. I love this gospel so much and I am so thankful to be apart of this great work. My testimony is being strengthened every day. I love being able to teach and I am continually progressing. This week my testimony was really strengthened on Joseph Smith. I wouldn't be serving a mission and this gospel wouldn't be here on earth if it weren't for him and all of the challenges and trials he faced. I am thankful for the knowledge I have that I am a daughter of God and that I have a plan in this life. I know that Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us and that He listens to our prayers. He knows what we need and when we need it. He will always provide for us. I know that through my Savior, Jesus Christ, I can have happiness in this life and that I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am so thankful families can be together para siempre!!
 
Life is good and God is great!! Enjoy your week. I love you all!!
 
Love,
Hermana Ferre


Other Bits & Pieces:

-Something I think Mom and Dad would appreciate is that WHEREVER I go outside of the CCM gates, we have armed guards and Elders in front and behind of us. Hermanas pretty much rule the world. We always get to eat first. Always get second portions first. Elders are our body guards. It makes me feel safe, so be comforted!!

-On Sunday we got our health lecture for how to eat and drink and take care of ourselves while in the field. 2 WEEKS!! What! Anyway, I have it so so good here. My eyes are going to definitely be opened when I get out in the mission field. But I am so so excited. I am ready! But really, bugs galore. I can't eat or drink anything unless I purify it. Diseases going around because of Mosquitos. But I know I will be fine. I will follow the rules and I will make sure Bug Spray is my bff. Everyone was talking about the heat in different countries and everyone pretty much cringed when they talked about El Salvador and the heat there. So that's another thing to look forward to!

- I guess when I get to the mission field I will most likely have more time to write home. And I may possibly get a nap on Pday. So I was happy to hear both of those things. The great news is that I get to see all of your cute faces in a little over one MONTH. I am so excited. It will be a great day. There is always something to look forward to!



No comments:

Post a Comment