Friday, March 13, 2015

Life is Good! 3/9/2015

Well...life continues to be great! :) It was a good week and it flew by! 

Last week on p-day after writing home we went grocery shopping. Then we took the groceries home and went shopping for clothes. I didnt buy anything but my companion found a skirt. A return missionary works there and he was so helpful and chatting with us the whole time. When we were in the grocery store, a lady asked if I wanted to try Tang Tea. I didnt hear the tea part so she gives it to me and I finally recognize that I didnt want to drink it. It was just in one of those cheap paper cups so as we shopped, it started to leak through. I was holding it with my hand but even that wasnt working. I felt like a 3 year old, making a mess in the store. Ooops, laugh it off! 

On Tuesday we worked with Presidente. The plan  was to meet in the church at 2pm. We called Presidente at 140pm to see if he was on his way and he told us he was there waiting. My companion and I were eating lunch and as soon as he told us that, we threw our food in the fridge and ran out the door. It was the quickest we have ever left the house but still managed to get a prayer in. In the prayer I asked for a way for us to get there quickly because we live far from the church. We left the house, walking quickly and just as we got to the bus stop, there was a bus that was going to pass the church. The guy was very friendly and talking to me in English. Anyway, we made it there in about 10 minutes. Heavenly Father answered my prayer once again. I know He is always there to listen and answer prayers, even when all we need is a ride to the church. We worked with Presidente for about 3 hours. One of our lessons was with an inactive member.She sells these things that are called Palletas.They are popsicles. So we bought and ate a popsicle with Presidente. It was a good afternoon!

Hermana Angelita invited us over for dinner and we ate the usual- pupusas. It is going to be a sad day when I have to come home and there won´t be pupusas available. 

On Thursday we had a multizona with Presidente. I learned a lot in the meeting. My leaders really focused in how to improve our daily and weekly planning to have more success. Also how important it is to work with the members. As missionaries, we wont always be here to support and teach out investigators so the members need to be involved and build relationships with the invstigatorrs as well."We are all in this together" (High school musical)...all of us are working together in the work of the Lord. Members and missionaries. Each of us are a disciple of Christ and have the responsibility to spread His gospel to all of the world. Every time we have a meeting with Presidente and Hermana Spjut it is like Christmas. I left the meeting with letters from home, OFF, a new shirt, my Liahona, food, and a CELL PHONE!! Thats right, life just got a whole lot easier. We finally got cell phones in each companionship.´Best day ever. Oh! As we ended the meeting we sang a hymn but the best part is that we sang it in English. How Firm a Foundation. I love English hymns! 

On Saturday we had an activity as a stake. It was to celebrate the anniversary of the Relief Society. The activity began with a live band then we watched a few clips of pioneers and Emma Smith as well. Each ward presented something spiritual and then a country dance. It was fun helping my ward prepare. They wanted to learn a country dance so I taught them Boot Scootin Boogie. They did great performing the dance. Each dance was to country music and I thought it was funny because each song was in English and most songs were old country. I had an hermana come up to me and say "I love country" just because I am gringa. haha It was a fun activity!

Yesterday as we called people to remind them and passed by their houses, nobody opened the door nor answered their phones. I was a little bit bummed because we were only going to have 2 or 3 investigators in church. As we got there from picking people in the Bishops van, 2 of our investigators were there and they brought 3 new family members. We ended up having 8 investigators in Sacrament meeting. I know that the Lord is blessing us. If I do my part as the missionary, the Lord with bless me and the investigators who are prepared. 

"And ye shall go forth in the power of my Spirit, preaching my gospel, two by two, in my name, lifting up your voices as with the sound of a trump, declaring my word like unto angels of God." D&C 42:6  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! 

Things are great! There are blessings all around us. Remember to pray and study the scriptures each day. I love you all! :)

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Ferre 




No comments:

Post a Comment