Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Un Milagro! 1/19/2015

Hello everyone! This week was good. 

Last Monday after I wrote, we played volleyball as a Zone. Then we went to lunch as a Zone and had a hamburger and fries. Then the hermanas all went shopping and had ice cream. It wasn´t a very healthy day but it was fun. We weren´t in the house at all on p-day so I hope today we can have a little more time to relax! 

We had our weekly Zone meeting on Tuesday. It was so spiritual. They shared the missionary story that I shared at my Farewell. They had us close our eyes and picture everything in the story. They then had us read our patriarchal blessings and ask ourselves if how we are living and serving right now is worthy of the blessings we are promised. It made us all think and motivated us all to get to work and work hard! 

We have a new lady for our lunches, Hermana Chamul. Her food is really good. It is a lot healthier than my other cook. She is all about healthy, tasty food with a fancy presentation. 

The weather is getting hotter. I really have no idea what season it is here. All I know is that in this new area, it is hot. And people keep saying the worst is still to come. I will just have to find out for myself because everyone keeps saying different things about the weather. 

Everyone says that missionaries come home different. Some things that have changed with me is 1. I sleep with only one sheet. Which never happened at home. 2. I eat apples (sometimes) 3. And I eat pancakes for dinner (surprising huh, Karleigh?). So basically I am a different person. 

Things are good in El Salvador. We are working hard trying to find the people who the Lord has prepared for our message. They are here, we just need to find them. We committed 6 people to church this week and not one of them showed up. However, a member in the ward had a friend who was interested in our message and we had tried multiple times during the week to find and teach him but he was never home. Anyway, the invesitgator, Oscar, wasn´t committed to church but he showed up and he stayed for 2 of the 3 classes. It was a miracle! We also taught him yesterday and he said that if he feels that our message is true, he will be baptized. So we are very hopeful with him and good things to come! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Thank you all for your love and prayers. 

Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Ferre 




No comments:

Post a Comment